There are upcoming grant opportunities available for utilities to showcase grid flexibility and resiliency technologies. Over the past three years, CEL has partnered with IOUs, munis, co-ops and local power authorities on similar project grants. If you’re considering pursuing these opportunities, come talk to us!
Deployment of Technologies to Enhance Grid Flexibility
CEL directly meets eligibility requirements and has participated in similar projects with Tacoma Power, SCE, EPRI, and Silicon Valley Clean Energy.
Period of Availability
$600,000,000 appropriated annually through years 2022-2026
Qualifying Smart Grid investments including for installation, that allow buildings to engage in demand flexibility or Smart Grid functions.
Eligible investments include:
- Metering, control, and other devices, sensors, and software (CEL meets)
- Devices and software for buildings support demand flexibility and other smart grid functions (CEL meets)
- Communications and broadband technologies to support smart grid deployment;
- Technologies and programs to integrate electric vehicles to the grid (CEL meets)
- Operational fiber and wireless broadband communications networks enabling data sharing between distribution system components
- Advanced transmission technologies, including dynamic line rating, flow control devices, advanced conductors, and network topology optimization, to increase the operational transfer capacity transmission networks.